Friday, June 25, 2010

The evolution of a "Lightly Toasted" woman

Welcome to my first official blog! Gee, I don't even know where to start, there is so much to say!

What is "Lightly Toasted"?

Lightly Toasted is a way of life for those of us who may want to live a little "greener" but want to do it with our own style. We want to buy our produce from the local farmers market but load it into our Yukon. LT is for those of us that want to make our own household cleaning products but wash our hair with Pantene. To sum it up, LT is for those of us who are intrigued by the "Crunchy" lifestyle, but are more comfortable picking and chosing the tips from our more crunchy friends and sources. We want some of that Organic Dairy free Coconut milk chocolate icecream dangit!


A little history about me and why I started this blog.

As some of you know, I recently became a mother to a precious little baby girl ("The Boat") in February. After being laid off while on maternity leave, and my husband being the only one working, we decided we needed to cut back and start a budget.

I was in the accounting field for almost 10 years, so you would think creating a budget and sticking to it would be easy. I came to find out that creating a budget is so much easier than actually pulling the trigger.

My world changed to say the least when The Boat entered my life. Things that held such high importance in my life no longer were even on the list, let alone topping it. New designer shoes weren't as temping as a new BubuBebe cloth diaper. My Venti White Chocolate Mocha from Starbucks didn't hold a candle to my more budget friendly Folgers coffee I brewed at home now.

This revelation got me thinking, how far can I take this new, more budget friendly lifestyle? And can I create a more eco-friendly, greener home while I am at it?

This revelation is HUGE considering I am a woman who is notorious for her deep love of modern conveniences and the luxuries in life. But once I get my mind set on something, I know there is no stopping me. I am now a woman consumed.

How far can I take it? That is what we will find out!

Love,

Brittney

1 comment:

  1. I can appreciate this and admire you. As a new mother and a changed woman myself I would love to be able to take the time and change our life style, become greener, and make our home healthier. Unfortunately I work 40-50 hours a week and have a 6 month old so I don't even seem to have the time to even think about stuff like that.
    It seems aweful ... See Morethat its now all about convenience and efficiency rather than whats best for who. I am jealous you have the time to do this and even had the time to write a blog about it. I wish you the best of luck and hope to hear more. You inspire me Brittney. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete